We are seeking a talented and dynamic therapist to join our team. Experience/training in EMDR, play therapy, is a plus. Additional training and continuing education opportunities are available and encouraged while a member of our team. If you are ready to join a positive work environment and a dynamic team, see below for more information and to apply!
Job Purpose: The Therapist is responsible for providing therapy services to clients and managing clients’ charts in accordance with Iowa Code Chapter 24 guidelines, NASW Code of Ethics, and the policies established by the agency.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet with clients in-person, via telehealth, or via phone (as determined by the client’s needs).
- Collect information about clients’ physical and mental condition through interviews, observation, and assessments; evaluate clients based on this information.
- Counsel and guide clients, individually and/or in group sessions, to assist them in adjusting to life changes/problems, tolerating stress, and making changes.
- Counsel family members to assist in understanding, dealing with, and supporting clients.
- Provide support to parents of clients as needed.
- Develop, implement, evaluate, and adjust treatment plans to resolve problems and progress towards defined objectives.
- Coordinate with families, doctors, and others in order to exchange necessary information during the treatment process.
- Maintain up-to-date individual files on clients in adherence to Iowa Code Chapter 24 utilizing the electronic health record system, Simple Practice. Client files should include developmental and social history, progress notes for each contact with client, and treatment plan.
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information related to clients and their treatments.
- Prepare clients for discharge from therapy and document appropriate discharge plans.
- Improve professional skills through continuing education and supervision as needed.
- Maintain an active license (e.g., LISW, LMHC)
- As applicable, maintain other credentials or prerequisites pursuant to job essentials and responsibilities.
- Provide supervision (as assigned) for clinicians working to obtain licensure or specialty certification (e.g., play therapy).
- Social Skills—the individual professionally interacts with employees and patients and models a positive teamwork attitude.
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Leadership—the individual inspires and motivates others to perform well, and accepts feedback from others.
- Quality management—the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality services.
- Judgment—the individual displays willingness to make timely decisions, and exhibits sound, accurate, and ethical judgment.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently, and develops realistic action plans.
- Safety and security—the individual observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Interpersonal skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas, and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and demonstrates one-on-one and group communication skills.
- Written communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents data effectively, and is able to read and interpret written information.
What We Need:
- Passion and pride in work and space/environment.
- Licensed Therapists/Social Workers with experience in working with children, adolescents, and adults.
- Self-guided determination to complete notes at the week’s end.
- Strong character matters – integrity, honesty, adaptability, and quality of care.
- Manages confidential information appropriately, demonstrating professional discretion and compliance with protected health information, data integrity and security policies.
- Proven competency conducting Initial Diagnostic Interviews prior to starting therapeutic services.
- Provides individual counseling services using a variety of treatment modalities.
- Collaborates when needed to develop treatment plans.
- Maintains patient case load and appropriate client records.
- Collaborates with relevant agencies and family as needed.
- Provides knowledge of community resources and makes appropriate referrals as needed.
- Demonstrates critical thinking and function under stressful or emergent situations.
- Other clinical or administrative duties as assigned to meet practice needs.